CONSIDER A SHORT MISSIONS TRIP
Why consider a short term trip?
- It translates theory into reality.
- It helps you to get a first hand picture of how things happen of the field.
- You will have a better idea of how to pray for missionaries.
ShortTermMission has a way of finding opportunities from 99 different organizations that fit your needs. Their web site claims that they have full details on 1,722 short-term mission trips.
You can specify
- Participant type. Find trips for individuals, married couples, groups, or families
- Your age. They cater to a spectrum from elementary children to senior adults
- Type of activity. They have opportunities with almost every letter of the alphabet from art to visitation
- Region you would like to visit. Choose Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe or Oceania
- Country. If you wish, you may choose a country from their list
- Length. For a first timer, I would recommend a short trip of about a week or two
- Start and end dates. You can specify that you’d like to start by a certain date or that you need to return before a given date.
They have helpful articles like: Key Considerations When Selecting a Mission Trip.
There are also facilities for finding airfare, insurance, training, equipment and supplies
Find Out More
Find Out More
Digging Deeper - Going Further:
- Start collecting some information about possible trips
- Pray for guidance and talk to your friends about possibilities
- Go to http://www.shorttermmissions.com/ and experiment with possibilities