THINGS TO CONSIDER
|Things to Consider About Missions.|
WHAT WOULD BE YOUR BIGGEST OBSTACLE?
If you wanted to be a missionary, what would be your biggest hurdle? Here are a few answers we received. How would you answer?
- “My greatest challenge would be language.”
- “Going out of the country would be my hardest hurdle, since I’ve never gotten out of California.”
- “I would have fear of going to a new place where I don’t know anything about the people or what is ahead of you.”
- “It depends. If God is calling you, it’s an easy thing to do. You just do what he calls you to do.”
- “trying to live full time as a missionary, especially in these times, finances are difficult. So income would be my biggest hurdle, but the work itself is not difficult.”
- “I personally think the hardest hurdle to overcome would be raising the money, or getting support to live off.”
- “You certainly have to have a calling, otherwise you won’t last.”
WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
If you were sent out as a missionary, where would you prefer to go? Here are a few random answers. How wold you respond?
- “If I was called to be a missionary, I would like to serve in a Latin Ameican country, because I speak Spanish and that would be helpful.”
- “I don’t feel called to go. I support and pray for those who do go. I also do missionary work locally.”
- “I would go to Mexico. I love the Mexica people. They are personable and hard working. I would feel comfortable with them.”
MORE THINGS TO CONSIDER
Before taking the step to becoming a missionary, there are are many questions to ask and things to consider.
The ASK A MISSIONARY website has a full range of questions and answers, including,
They answer questions about these topics.
3. Mission Agencies
6. Professional Skills
For example, under “How do I select an agency?” they address the following related questions
1. Where do you start when looking for a mission agency?
2. What are key questions to ask an agency?
3. What types of training do agencies require?
4. What are the differences between various types of sending groups?
5. What are the ultimate deciding factors in choosing an agency?
THE ANSWER IN A BOOKAsk a Missionary: Time-Tested Answers from Those Who've Been There Before. by John McVay
Paperback book: 224 pages. Paperback and Kindle
"This book is like having a dozen missionary friends at your side, coaching you with kindness and clarity. Who knew wisdom could be so encouraging?" Steve Hawthorne, Co-editor Perspectives on the World Christian Movement
HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN MISSIONARY
Following God’s Call by David Peach
Following God’s call to become a Christian missionary is a great way to serve the Lord. However, there is more involved than just declaring that the person wants to be a missionary. Each mission field, mission agency and mission work will have its own special requirements. The person interested in mission work needs to take time to prepare properly for serving the Lord long-term.
Post a Comment