INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION GUIDE #2
- To highlight the large number of languages and dialects spoken in the world.
- To show the progress made in reaching them with the good news in their own language or dialect.
- To underline the remaining work.
- There are people in the world who speak languages we will never be able to learn.
- We must find a way to tell them the good news.
- Open in prayer and ask the Lord to reveal to each one what he has for them.
REPORT BACK (Optional)
- If you assigned a volunteer at the end of the previous session to give a report on what he or she discovered in the Dig Deeper section, call on that person now.
- Have members read the scripture selections from the Workbook or Worksheet.
- Underline the word language in each passage.
- What are the similarities and differences between selection #1 and the other three?
- How does this passage relate to missions?
1. How many languages are spoken in the world?
2. How many dialects are there worldwide?
3. How many people worldwide speak or understand English?
A. Between 80% and 100%
B. Between 20% and 40%
C. Between 10% and 20%
D. Between 40% and 60%
E. Between 60% and 80%
4. How many of the world's languages have a translation of some part of the Bible?
A. Between 20% and 40%
B. Between 40% and 60%
C. Between 60% and 80%
D. Between 80% and 100%
WATCH THE VIDEO
- Watch the video on YouTube
- What stood out to you?
- Find out what your group has learned, and what they want to do with it.
Ask for a volunteer to give a short report next session on one of these Dig Deeper topics.
CLOSE IN PRAYER